20 Bookish Things


This post is brought to you by the fact I've just turned 20 and my 19 Bookish Things post last year was quite popular so I'm thinking about making it a yearly thing?? Anyway, enjoy these 20 bookish things about me, I'm off to go have a crisis over turning 20 and what I'm doing with my life...fun times!



1) I finished my first ever novel last year!!! I haven't had a chance to edit it yet but that's because I've been making excuses upon excuses to avoid it because I don't want to have to go through all the pain of editing it...

2) I spent most of 2018 in a Reading Slump To End All Reading Slumps and I never want to go through that shit again.

3) I don't actually really like books being adapted to screen...

4) Now that I'm 20 I'm even more bitter then I was at 18 over how little books there are for my age group and above :'(

5) I've been yelling about books on the internet for just over 5 years now and whereeeee has that time gone??

6) My favourite read so far this year has been a tie between THE WICKED KING and A DANGEROUS COLLABORATION.

7) This year I've rediscovered my love for dragon books and now all I want is dragons in EVERYTHING.

8) I've made most of my bookshelves from old drawers and bee frame boxes! Anyone want a tutorial?

9) Still waiting for Belle library to just appear in my house...

10) Sometimes I lie awake at night and hope that wherever my favourite characters are they're having a great life.
 
11) It's eight months until THE QUEEN OF NOTHING comes out and I cannot waaaaaait!!

12) I wish uni textbooks were as good as real books...

13) I want to collect every single edition of THE BONE SEASON series but at the same time I don't want to bankrupt myself in doing so??

14) I love my book page wall in my bedroom more than a lot of things in my life.

15) Nothing goes together like a good book, a blanket and a nice cup of tea :')

16) Still haven't found an audiobook I've been able to stick with for the whole book...recs please!

17) Romance and Contemporary fiction save my stress levels from hitting the sky during stressful times e.g uni exam and essay time!!

18) Nothing brings me more joy than finding sheets that match book covers!

19) Still shit at socializing on book twitter, still want to get better, maybe this year I'll finally do it and stop lurking??

20) My favourite genres are still fantasy, historical fiction and romance!


what are some bookish things about YOU??

Labels: