2019 Is Going To Be The Year I Stop Trying to "Catch Up" On My TBR



2019 is going to be the year I stop trying to "catch up" on all the books I want to read. I've read so much already this year but it doesn't feel like 'much' or 'enough' because I am hundreds if not thousands of books away from "catching up" on my TBR pile and this fact has been eating away at my brain.

There's this desperation to just try and read every book that's on my TBR, that I've been battling for awhile. To finally reach the end of the never ending stacks of books I want to read, that will never ever stop being never ending, ever. The reality is that I will never be able to read every single book I want to read but there's still a part of me that's convinced if I just try hard enough or read faster than it will happen. And it's so hard coming to terms with that.

There are YA releases from as far back as 2014 I keep meaning to finally read. There's the countless classics upon classics that I keep saying I'll read, "one day" and it never happens. There's all the 2018 releases that I fell so behind on because I spent most of 2018 in a reading slump. And then there's all the 2019 releases that look so exciting and I'm really looking forward too BUT at the same time, I'm thinking how on earth can I read all of them AND catch up on 2018 releases AND finally get to those 2014 releases AND those classics AND just random other books like memoirs and poetry that I want to read more of this year....how can I fit all those in??!

And the obvious truth is I can't. I can't manage even half of the above list while also starting uni and life in general this year. It's not possible. I just find it really hard to accept that there are books out there that look amazing and are probably amazing and I will never get around to them.

2019 is going to be the year I stop trying to "catch up" on all the books I want to read. 2019 is the year that I sit back and accept that I will never be able to read every single book out there that I want to read, no matter how hard I try or how fast I read, I. Will. Never. Catch. Up. On. My. TBR. And that is okay. It is okay that I will never read some amazing stories because I will read other amazing stories. It is okay because even though I won't read every book on my TBR, that doesn't mean I won't read any of them. I'm slowly getting to the stage where I think of that and not the thought of all the other unread books on my TBR. And that's good.

 are you giving up anything bookish related this year?