It's Been Three Years Since I Read The Bone Season and Oh the Feelings

2018 was the year I vowed to reread THE BONE SEASON by Samantha Shannon after three years since I read it for the first time so I could finally move onto the next two books in the series. And I did it! I'm pleased to report that TBS wrecked me just as much as it did three years ago and I'm still Bone Season Trash™ IF NOT MORE. So I thought I'd post some of my thoughts that I wrote down while I was reading. Apologies if they don't make sense but I did say this book wrecked me! 


T H O U G H T S  &  R A M B L E S  W H I L E  R E A D I N G :


*~* Really appreciate this time around that Paige is nineteen! Not 16 or 17 or in her twenties but 19!!! My age!! I didn’t realize how much I’ve been missing characters the same age as me until this book reminded me.

*~* I don’t think I love it as much as I did when I first read it. It's still incredible but not as incredible if that makes sense. But maybe because I remembered some of the things that happened as I was reading?

*~* It’s also quite slow and the focus of the novel is really to set the story up for the rest of the series and especially the second book. While I loved how immersive it was, you have to know before diving in that it doesn’t get really fast-paced until nearer the end.

*~* DAMN that ending was something but why so rushed??? It was like it was trying to make up for how slow the rest of the book lmao.

*~* Ohhhh that CLIFFHANGER. I am so thankful that I've got the next two books literally 10cm away from me so I can dive into the next book straight away. >.>

*~* YAY for TBS's thorough world building, exceptional plot and the fact that its made me invested and fall in love with a dystopian book!! I would call it dystopian fantasy with a touch of scifi but Wikipedia calls it a ‘supernatural dystopian’ SO I DON'T KNOW all I know is I was IMPRESSED and I have never been invested or impressed by any book that’s dystopian anything in it!


F A V  Q U O T E (S) :


“Knowledge is dangerous. Once you know something, you can't get rid of it. You have to carry it. Always.”

//

“Nothing’s worse than a story without an end.”

★★★★★

B U Y  I T :

amazon / book depository

 have you read the bone season?? if you have, flail with me!!