Currently Reading Right Now



If We Were Villains by M.L. Rio - Please bury me with this book. I'm loving it so much. It's also lovely reading about stressed out uni students as it's SO RELATABLE. However the plot is stressing ME out because I have no idea where the story is taking and I don't have the time right now (yay, uni) to whip through the book in one sitting. #thestruggleisreal


Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor - I remember DNFing this years ago when I was a tiny teen because I hated it for some reason. I've picked it up again and I don't know what was wrong with me because I'm LOVING it. Lani Taylor's writing is extraordinary.


The Orchid Throne by Jeffe Kennedy - This reminding me of A Breath of Fire so far which is unfortunate because I hated that book, so I'm crossing all my fingers that this gets better!


Filter This by Sophie White - kind of funny but also grating at the same time? I think the idea is really interesting but the writing style just isn't supporting it at this stage. Can relate to half-arsed breakfasts although if I made cheese toasties like the MC does, my mother would murder me.


Silent in the Grave by Deanna Raybourn - Deanna Raybourn's Veronica Speedwell series is my favourite historical mystery series and I've been procrastinating reading Deanna's other books for years because the thought of not liking them makes me put it off. However, no more! I'm about 10% into Silent in the Grave and really enjoying it so far. Hopefully I keep enjoying it hahahah.


What are you currently reading??