Checking In With My Bookish & Blogging Goals for 2019




Happy we're halfway throgh the year and who can believe that we're halfway through 2019 already?? I thought it might be fun to check in and see how well/badly I've done with my bookish and blogging goals for 2019 so far!

B O O K I S H :

Read 50-100 books. DING DING DING! I was seriously worried that with starting uni this year I wouldn't have time to read many books but at the moment my reading goal is telling me I've read 70 books which I'm really happy with! I'll definitely be over the 100-mark by the end of the year.

Start a book club. I actually did this! And it...failed. But I might try again in 2020 or else just look for one somewhere near me that I can join.

Try Alisha Rai, Alyssa Cole, Helen Hoang, Nalini Singh and Talia Hibbert's books. Not yet!! But I am planning to get around it them!

Buy books more thoughtfully. I've done really well on that front with physical books and really terribly on ebooks so far this year. does that balance it out?? I've still got the rest of the yer to do better, right?


Add up every book I buy. Yes! I'm actually really liking having a list that shows me my whole book buying history for this year and I think I'll carry on doing it next year as well.

B L O G :

Interview 3 authors. I've had the pleasure of interviewing C.G. Drews and Danielle Hawkins this year and I'm hoping to interview a couple more authors before the year is out!

Start 3 new blog series/features. *cricket noises* I have all the ideas but not enough time or energy to make it happen..soooooooon though hopefully.

Hold 3 twitter giveaways. I think I've held...one so far? Better fix that...

Join in 2 twitter chats. No, but in my defense, I live in New Zealand and overseas chats are often held at times where I have to get up early or stay up late for them. I'm going to try and make it to a couple when I'm done with uni though!

Stop lurking on twitter. I think I'm getting better at reaching out and interacting with people more but I still could do better!


Comment on all the blogs! No...


so far I think I've done really well on my bookish goals but need to work on my blogging goals before 2019 ends! how are you bookish/blogging goals going if you've got any?