5 Things about The Austen Playbook by Lucy Parker


Thank you Carina Press for the review copy!


1) Reading Lucy Parker's books is always very bittersweet because on one hand it's so exciting having a new release to read but on the other hand you know you're going to have to wait another year before the next book comes out and the wait feels TOO LONNNNG!

2) I LOVED Freddy but to be completely honest, I didn't give much of a shit about Griff? I've never not enjoyed Lucy Parker's heros but I didn't care about him as much as the other characters, like Freddy and sometimes thought that Freddy had more chemistry (in the beginning) with Charlie than Griff. I might just be Charlie biased though because I would KILL to see a book about Charlie!

3) The romance was super cute but didn't feel to me like there was as much chemistry as past characters and books from the series have had. I didn't really feel like there were those sPaRkS that Lucy's books are known for being full of which was a tad disappointing. It also felt a bit insta lovey and I felt ripped off because where's the sexual tension that I live for in this series?!

4) So much happened but it was very slow moving at the same time?? So much happens in the book that it's bursting at the seams but when reading it the pace felt quite slow, which threw me off a bit.

5) I really want Sadie to be eaten by a horse or at the very least leave the country. I wish she'd stop popping up like a poisonous puppet, I personally don't think she brings much to the story apart from being a sadistic troll and I don't think she adds anything to the series anymore. However, that might just be me ¯\_(ツ)_/¯


Buy THE AUSTEN PLAYBOOK!


have you read anything by lucy parker??