I Am So Obsessed With The London Celebrities Series by Lucy Parker


I have been trying for SO LONG to put into words how much I love this series. It’s not that I don’t have things to say -- I have SO much to say!! -- but I just don’t know how to say it. I don’t feel this way often around books. It's rare -- and FRUSTRATING -- that I discover a book or books that I love so much and want to push on to every single bookworm I know, regardless of their tastes in fiction, but I don't know how too, gah...

To push through my self-doubt and mind-block, I have reached for one of my most trusted hacks in life: the LIST! Oh lists, how I love thee. How lost I would be without thee! So here’s a list of my favourite things about the London Celebrities series by Lucy Parker.

(I’d also like to add a small note that I think every word in these books are ***perfection*** but here are just some of my favourite-favourite things.)


The books are set in a theatre setting!
I have never read any books set in a theatre and now I want MORE. It was such a unique location and I absolutely LOVED IT. It was so interesting how the different books played on different aspects of the stage and I really enjoyed reading all the different parts.

The writing is so easy and relaxing while also being witty and clever???
I don't know HOW the hell Lucy does this but it is seriously SKILLS. I've been in a really bad reading slump this year and reading any book has been haaaard but I've flown through all of Lucy's! I've already read the series twice and am thinking about doing a third reread in September because I just miss her writing so much...

The snark is the BEST.
You know how some books make you laugh? These books made me laugh cry. The sarcasm was SO BITING, I was in my happy place. And so witty, so sly...I was cackling on every page.

The relationships melted my cold little heart.
I've kind of lost interest in romance this year, but ohhhh this series has made me invested in it again. I have become a MESS over FICTIONAL people and their FICTIONAL romances that don't exist in REAL life but I still became as obsessed with as if it was happening in real life (it felt like it ok, sue me, I'm boring). They make you say, "soooo cuteeeee!!!!!" in that really high-pitched way that makes you cringe and hate yourself but you can't hELP it. As well as that, the romances also had depth and dealt with real-life shit so you actually believed in them instead of rolling your eyes, yayyy!

All the books in the series heavily featured my favourite trope of all tropes which is the hate-to-love trope.
I have a few tropes that I hold dear to my heart but none turn me quite into a screaming fangirl like the hate-to-love trope! The fact that all three books heavily feature it basically meant that my little fangirl heart went to heaven and hasn't come back yet. You can read the series in or out of order (another thing I love about these books) (I know I've said 'love' too many times in this post) and if you want DOUBLE the hate-to-love trope, I would start with PRETTY FACE which is the second book!

None of the books pushed that being in a relationship was the end-all and that most important thing in life.
Which was a nice change as many romance books (and lots of society tbh) do push, so THANK YOU, Lucy, for not pushing that. This quote in the second book made me CHEER:

“I don’t believe that you’re somehow completed by romantic love. You aren’t born half a person, doomed to drift through life unfulfilled until you find someone who can validate you. You’re a whole person with a whole life, that you might choose to share with another person. Or you might not. Your body and mind is your own. You happiness is your responsibility and your right.”

I have an interview with Lucy which will be coming out in a few days so stay tuned for that! She spills on romance, gives some great tips on writers block and talks about the fun of research! PLUS I'LL BE GIVING AWAY A COPY OF ONE OF HER BOOKS SO KEEP THOSE EYES PEELED! Until then, if you haven't read any of Lucy's books I've popped some links down below so you can check her books out!

Find the books on Goodreads:

ACT LIKE IT / PRETTY FACE / MAKING UP

Find the books on Amazon:

ACT LIKE IT / PRETTY FACE / MAKING UP

Lucy Parker's links:

Website / Twitter

Have you read anything by Lucy Parker? What's your favourite genre of romance to read? Favourite romance you've read this year?