Hello Novelly Ella


Hello and welcome to the new blog! With a tap of a magic wand from a fairy godmother, Once Upon a Bookish Time has become Novelly Ella. This change has been in the works for awhile so I'm so happy and excited to finally announce it to you all!

So why the change? Well, a few reasons.

Firstly, I started to dislike my blog name. It was a good fit when I started out - a fairytale and alice in wonderland obsessed 15-year-old who was a newbie to book blogging - but as I grew older, the name just didn't feel the right fit anymore and I found it hard to find inspiration to blog. Don't get me wrong: Once Upon a Bookish Time will ALWAYS have a dear spot in my heart and it took me so long to find a new blog name BECAUSE I was attached to OUABT...but it’s just not me anymore. (Also typing/writing it out always took a hundred years which got old very quickly.) That's not to say I'm still not fairytale and alice in wonderland obsessed either, I'm still very much so, haha, I'm just not so smol and wide-eyed anymore.


I found it soooooo hard to come up with a new blog name. Because I’d been with Once Upon a Bookish Time for so long and a part of me still loved that name, I had no idea what I wanted to change too. It took me SO LONG to come up with Novelly Ella. In the end I knew that I wanted a short name that could grow with me as well as just a tiny bookish twist, if I could! After deciding I wanted my name somewhere in the title, I started looking at words that flowed with my name and suited my personality. I literally stumbled across the word ‘Novelly' (which I am so in love with and which has become one of my favourite words of 2018!) and thus...Novelly Ella was born!

As well as the name change, I wanted to give my blogposts the rehaul as well. Once Upon a Bookish Time very quickly turned into just a book review blog and while I love those blogs, they're not me. I want to share so much more on this blog than just book reviews! Not that that means that I'm suddenly going to stop talking about books hahahaha I WILL NEVER STOP TALKING ABOUT BOOKS. I just want to feel like I can talk about other things on here as well.


I’m kind of vaguely thinking bookish lifestyle as my kind of “theme” for Novelly Ella. I want to share more of my life on here for sure, as well as start up a few blog series that I’ve got a million ideas for! Like quirky tutorials, bookish baking, agony aunt series, blogger tips, awesome women in history, backlist book love, literary looks...plus all the MANY discussion ideas I’ve got scribbled down everywhere! Ack, I’m so excited to share all these things with you all! :)

So tell me your newsssss! And your fav release of this year! I may have read some amazing books this year but definitely not enough! I only got out of an awful reading slump a few months ago so I feel very behind on this year's shiny new releases!